Monday, September 14, 2015

Grateful to return to working regularly with children.

I took a few years off regularly working with children to get my Etsy shop going, so I could sell my ceramics internationally, but now I'm excited to use my skills with children once again.  Last spring I taught  of a series of Mindfulness workshops with 12 year olds as part of the Well-Being program at the Benjamin Franklin International School in Barcelona. I'm pleased to be working in their Primary after-school program teaching bilingual language arts to the youngest students in the school and sharing my love of children's literature, song and crafts with them.

I am also on their list of substitute teachers.



Before school started I teamed with a friend from my ceramics studio and we worked day-care the faculty’s children at BFIS. We had lots of fun. I’ve included photos of the mural and spiders the children made after we read Anansi the Spider:a Tale from the Ashanti by Gerald McDermott. This book is always a big hit with children.

No comments: