Monday, January 5, 2015

Ceramics and healing

Working with clay is a centering, mystical and transformative experience for me. All my pieces are made with loving reverence and they transform a part of Mother Earth into a vessel of love, nourishing each user's body and soul.

Hand-crafted ceramics bring me back to the Earth. When I touch, form and hold her, I feel her love nurturing us.

I often texture wheel-thrown and slab-built pieces with a variety of objects, most from nature, including a piece of coral I found in Maui, Hawaii. Some of the textured pieces feature my signature lizard design. As I texture each piece I infuse it with healing energy from my heart. My Sufi teacher first explained this idea to me many years ago and my work in Sat Nam Rasayan ® has made me more effective at it.

No comments: